Education and professional experience:
She graduated from Medical Academy in Warsaw in 1997 being awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree. Having completed the studies, she has been working for 10 years in the Department and Clinic of General and Transplantation Surgery of the Child Jesus Hospital- Injury treatment Centre under the supervision of Prof. Wojciech Rowiński. There, she completed the specialization in general surgery and defended her PhD dissertation written under the guidance of Prof. Zbigniew Wierzbicki. Beginning from the end of studies, she simultaneously worked in the Organization and Coordination Centre for Transplantation under the supervision of Prof. Janusz Wałaszewski, where she was responsible for programs and international communication.
Having completed her specialization, she began postgraduate education in the eldest Postgraduate School of Aesthetic Medicine in Poland. She finished it in 2009 with distinction. She was awarded a degree of doctor of aesthetic medicine.
For a few last years, she has worked as a phlebologist in Warsaw being involved in ultrasound diagnostics of vessels, non-operational treatment of venous insufficiency and training of physicians in Doppler ultrasound diagnostics and sclerotherapy procedures. Simultaneously she worked as a doctor of aesthetic medicine in some offices in Warsaw. She is one out of 96 physicians who were the first to be awarded certificate confirming the qualifications in aesthetic medicine.
Specializations and skills:
- general surgery
- aesthetic medicine
Scope of tasks:
- imaging diagnostics of vessels (Doppler ultrasound)
- treatment of venous diseases: telangiectasias (spider veins), widened venulectasias, venous malformations, varicose veins of lower limbs, venous thrombosis
- techniques of treatment applied:
- all techniques of sclerotherapy (microsclerotherapy, needle echosclerotherapy, aspiration and tumescence-assisted catheter echosclerotherapy, mechanical and chemical obliteration using Phlebogriffe)
- intravenous procedures under local anaesthesia (tumescent): laser therapy with ELVeS 1470 nm, intravascular glue treatment with VenaSeal and VariClose
- procedures within aesthetic medicine and general surgery
- Association of Polish Surgeons
- Polish Society of Phlebology
- Polish Association of Aesthetic and Antiaging Medicine
- World Society Interdisciplinary Anti-Aging Medicine
- European Society for Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology
- European Society for Organ Transplantation